I’ve been running the latest version of the insanely popular blog, WordPress, for a few days now, and I thought I’d toss out to my audience of 2 people (yeah… I’m all popular and stuff) what I thought of it.
- The backend is pretty. Far more so than wp1.5, but pretty doesn’t mean squat on the back end.
- They put the “upload” screen on the “write” screen. Thank you!!
- Long walks on the sand with that special “someone”
- The fact that you can resize things like the post and edit screen’s text boxes to the size of your liking by simply grabbing the corner and dragging it down (this rocks!)
- Post preview!!!! OMFG!!! It shows you what things are going to look like with your theme before you publish it (so if you goofed up on how a bullet list looks in your CSS, you’ll know before the rest of the world does!)
- It has bells and whistles galore! Of course, I never used 90% of them before, but hell… now I can say I don’t use 98% of them
- I’m not wild about the WYSIWYG “write post” screen. Occasionally hitting the delete or backspace key will send me to the top of the post I’m writing, and I’ll have to scroll down to get to the end (but there is a work around for it).
- Mean people.
And there you go. One highly critical review from yours truely, sutable for framing. As you can see, I really do like it… but then I’ve been a serious fan-boy of wordpress after the horror that was MovableType (well… it wasn’t that bad).
Oh… oh my!