I haven’t posted for a bit… sorry about that.
My wife and I finally agreed that it was time for me to get a new computer. She had actually started pushing the idea a while ago… I was the one who was balking. My old computer was just that…. old. I wasn’t able to play the new games that I was getting, and that’s why I finally decided to make the plunge.
Of course, not all is good on that front. This has got to be, by far, the most challenging build I’ve ever had. I’ve put together dozens of computers in the past, but the configuration of this beast has been a real challenge… so has fitting all the parts into a case.
In case you’re curious on what exactly I got…. here’s the list:
- ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe/HDMI AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 780a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
- AMD Phenom 9950 2.6GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor
- (2 of these) OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) (8GB total Ram)
- (3 of these) XFX PVT98WYDFH GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card (yes… I ordered 3 of them… my motherboard supports it!)
- CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W Power Supply
- (3 of these) Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3750330AS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (1.5TB total in RAID5)
- LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit
- Xclico A380Plus case
For those of you who that meant nothing to… I’ll put it simply: It has a very fast quad core processor with 8GB of memory, tons of hard drive space, and 3 video cards hooked together to act as one (they call that configuration SLI). It’s a tiny God!! The case looks like this: